Sealing Profiler Holes
Grout Tip AW Drive-Point Profiler
Holes in most homogeneous sands will collapse as soon as the Profiler is withdrawn. In other geologic formations it is best to use a Profiler fitted with a Grout Tip.
- Sampling using the Grout Tip Profiler is done in the same manner as those without a Grout Tip. (See previous page).
- The Grout Tip is a single use tip that can be separated from the Profiler with a high-pressure grout pump, after sampling is complete.
- This allows the hole to be grout sealed as the Profiler is being withdrawn, ensuring no void spaces.
- Replacement Grout Tips are available (#100643), and easily fit onto existing Grout Tip Bodies by pushing into the end until the O-ring properly seats.
Maintenance and Decontamination
After the system has been removed, proper decontamination of the Drive- Point Profiler must be performed.
- Disconnect the 5/32" (4 mm) tubing and discard or appropriately decontaminate.
- Using the Allen Key provided, remove the screened inlet hole inserts and then remove the screens (50 mesh).
- Wash all components with a mild detergent and thoroughly rinse with D.I. water, or follow local guidelines or standards as required by your decontamination procedure.
Be careful not to lose the screens. Replacement screens are provided for convenience. Be careful not to damage the screens when decontaminating.