As with any monitoring project, you should select the proper equipment and determine a maintenance schedule based on the environment specific to your application.
Maintenance tips include:
- Inspect regularly, and replace the o-ring at the optical end of the Levelogger if damaged
- Clean the optical eye of the Levelogger with a clean, soft cloth or cotton swab
- Rinse the Levelogger body using a mild, non-residual, non-abrasive household cleaner
- Use a very soft-plastic bristled brush, if needed, to clean the Levelogger body
- Do not insert any object through the circulation holes at the sensor end of the Levelogger
- See the Levelogger User Guide Maintenance Section if simple household cleaners are not sufficient for certain issues, such as hard water build up
- Clean Levelogger 5 LTC conductivity sensor pins before calibration and before/after deployment—see the Solinst Levelogger User Guide
- Stop the Levelogger from recording before storing
- Store Leveloggers with the installation cap on and in the case they were originally provided in
- Store Leveloggers in above-freezing conditions
- Read our Technical Bulletin "Ensuring Proper Use and Maintenance of Leveloggers"
All Leveloggers should be deployed and stored with the installation cap or L5 Direct Read Cable attached. This prevents unnecessary battery drainage and protects the optical eye.