Water Level Measurements
- The zero measurement point on the 101B P1 Probe is at the tip of the conductor pins.
- Feed the tape into the well. If a tape guide is used, lay the tape onto the groove on the top. Measurements will be read at the point of the V-notch on the tape guide. Remember to deduct 2/10 ft or 6.0 cm.
- The light and buzzer activate when the probe conductor pins enter water. To ensure accuracy, lower and raise the probe a few times and then record the depth measurement from the tape at the top of the well.
Tape Guide (Optional)
- Submerse the probe in tap water to test the probe. This completes the circuit and activates the buzzer and light.
- After the depth to water has been recorded, the tape should be carefully rewound onto the reel, the probe wiped dry and placed into the probe holder.
- The probe, tape and reel can be wiped clean with phosphate free (non-abrasive) detergent and water. Do not submerge the reel.
- Battery type - alkaline, 9 volt.
- The battery is housed within the faceplate of the reel.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the three screws on the faceplate.
- Carefully remove the faceplate so as to not unwind the tape.
- Replace the battery.
- Carefully place the faceplate back onto the hub and line up the holes.
- Once the screws have been tightened and the faceplate is secure, test the water level meter.
Before screwing the faceplate back onto the hub, make sure no wires are outside the hub.
The following parts can be provided should components become lost or damaged.
- Splice kits
- Faceplate and backplate
- Probe holders, brakes, etc.
|No sound when probe immersed in water.||Dead battery.||Replace with 9V Alkaline.|
|Water Conductivity is very low.||Try a different Solinst 101 Water Level Meter.|
|Disconnected wires on circuit board.||Check all connections inside hub of reel for loose/disconnected wires - solder or reconnect.|
|Broken wire in tape.||Locate break in tape - splice and seal, or replace. (Contact Solinst)|
|Damaged probe.||Contact Solinst to obtain parts/repair instructions.|
|Instrument continuously sounds after being immersed in water.||Probe may be dirty which could interfere with the circuit connection.||Contact Solinst for instructions to remove, clean and replace the probe.|