Solinst Model 101 Power Winder (#116159)
- Use a large flathead screwdriver or 8 mm (5/16") wrench/ socket to loosen the two gear clamps. (When you first receive the Power Winder, the gear clamps will be loosened.)
- Be mindful of the potential pinch-points of the swing arm motion. Use the 'heel' of your hand to push firmly down on the roller drive Shaft until it reaches the base plate. Push the Locking Pin into the hole on the Swing Arm. This will hold the spring-loaded swing arm in place. Ensure the pin is pushed in all the way. This will hold the rollers out of the way while installing on an SC1000 (small) reel.
- Place the reel on its side with the faceplate up.
- Slide the Power Winder base onto the left leg of the reel frame, with the rollers towards the hub. Ensure the base of the Power Winder is pushed all the way back on the left leg of the reel until it stops.
- With the reel still on its side, tighten the gear clamps to secure the Power Winder to the reel. This ensures the Power Winder is tight against end of leg and the rollers are aligned with the reel.
- If not already, loosen the black thumb screws on the telescoping arms of the Power Winder, and adjust them to the appropriate length so they fit over the legs of the reel frame. Tighten the thumbscrews to hold the arms in place.
- Push down on the roller drive shaft to release the locking pin. The swing arm will pop up and the rollers will engage against the edges of the reel's faceplate and backplate.
If installing on an SC2000 (medium) or SC3000 (large) Solinst reel, step 2 may not be required, as there is enough space between the frame and hub to easily fit the Power Winder.
The 3/32" Allen key supplied on the Power Winder can be used to loosen the two rollers so you can adjust them to fit different width reel hubs. Slide them into the correct positions, then tighten into place.
The ends of the roller drive shaft is D-shaped for one set screw to tighten onto the flat portion of the "D" and the other set screw will tighten into the round portion of the shaft.
The rollers can also rotate 180º to suit other reel types. The rollers can also be installed to face inwards to suit narrower reels (keep a minimum spacing of 3/32" to avoid roller wearing against swing arm).