Water Level Meter - 12V Power Reel Instructions
Water Level Meter Operation
- The level of sensitivity can be adjusted higher or lower by turning the dial clockwise or counter clockwise, and pressing the sensitivity button.
- Depress the Battery Test button to test the battery and circuitry.
- Submerse the probe in tap water. This completes the circuit and activates the buzzer and light.
Water Level Measurement
The zero measurement point is at the tip of the sensor pin, located at the centre of the P2 Probes, and where the black Delrin tip meets the stainless steel body of the P7 Probes.
The light and buzzer activate when the zero point enters water. To ensure accuracy, lower and raise the probe a few times and then record the depth measurement from the tape at the top of the well.
Using the Tape Guide
The tape guide has been designed to:
- improve accuracy when reading water levels,
- easily obtain repeatable measurements,
- prevent tape being cut by well casing,
- allow the tape and probe to hang straight from the side of the well.
When using the tape guide, the measuring point is offset from the top of casing. To adjust your measurements to the top of the casing, simply subtract the amount indicated on the front of the tape guide (i.e. 6 cm or 2/10 ft.).