Water Level Meter - 12V Power Reel Instructions
- After the depth to water has been recorded, the tape should be carefully rewound onto the reel, the probe wiped dry and placed into the probe holder.
- The probe, tape and reel can be cleaned with phosphate free (non-abrasive) detergent and warm water.
- Remove any dirt or water from around the central sensor pin. If the central sensor pin is corroded or coated, use emery cloth to polish it.
- Check the P2 probe seal/strain relief and replace the black heat shrink if there is any cracking or other damage.
- Use of the Tape Guide adds to the life of the tape.
Battery Replacement (battery type - alkaline, 9 volt.)
- The battery is housed conveniently on the front of the box with the sensitivity switch.
- To replace the battery, open the compartment with a screw driver.
- Note the polarity and place another new battery in the drawer and slide it back into the faceplate.
The following parts can be provided should they become lost or damaged: Probes and seal kits, splice kits, lights, switches, etc., reels, and replacement tapes with probes (complete) or probe seals.
|No sound when probe immersed in water||Dead battery.||Replace with 9V Alkaline.|
|Water conductivity is very low.||Increase sensitivity switch setting (turn clockwise) or call Solinst for assistance.|
|Disconnected wires on circuit board.||Check all connections inside hub of reel for loose/ disconnected wires - solder or reconnect.|
|Broken wire in tape.||Locate break in tape - splice and seal (contact Solinst).|
|Disconnected wire inside probe.||Contact Solinst to obtain parts/repair instructions.|