- After the depth to water has been recorded, the cable should be carefully rewound onto the reel, the probe wiped dry and placed into the probe holder.
- The probe, weights, cable and reel can be wiped clean with phosphate free (non-abrasive) detergent and warm water. Do not submerge the reel.
- Use of a Water Level Indicator Carrying Bag adds to the service life of the meter.
- Use of the Tape Guide adds to the life of the cable.
• Battery type - alkaline, 9 volt.
- The battery is housed in a convenient battery drawer located in the faceplate of the Water Level Indicator
- To replace the battery, simply press the drawer in, lift, then pull.
- The battery drawer should slide out of the faceplate enough to pull it out.
- Note the polarity. The positive (+) terminal should be towards the small notch in the end of the drawer. Place new battery in the drawer and slide it back into the faceplate.
The following parts can be provided should they become lost or damaged.
- Splice kits
- Lights, switches, etc.
- Reels and/or faceplates
- Replacement cable with probe (complete)
- Assembled probes on 10 ft or 3 m lengths of cable
|No sound when probe immersed in water.||Dead battery.||Replace with 9V Alkaline.|
|Water conductivity is very low.||Increase sensitivity dial setting (turn clockwise) or call Solinst for assistance.|
|Disconnected wires on circuit board.||Check all connections inside hub of reel for loose/ disconnected wires - solder or reconnect.|
|Broken wire in cable.||Locate break in cable - splice and seal, or replace. (Contact Solinst)|
|Disconnected wire inside probe.||Contact Solinst to obtain parts/repair instructions.|
|Instrument continuously sounds after being immersed in water.||Water in probe. Probe may be dirty which could interfere with the circuit connection.||Contact Solinst for instructions to clean or replace the probe.|