Tools and Materials Needed
- Model 101B Water Level Meter Replacement Tape Assembly
- Comes with P1B Probe attached
- Phillips or Robertson Screwdriver
Inside View of 101B Reel Hub Showing Tape Connection Detail
- Place the reel on a flat workbench with the faceplate up. Undo the three screws from the faceplate, including the screw from the probe holder, and slowly remove the faceplate from the reel.
- Unwind the old tape from the reel.
- Remove the battery from the PCB assembly.
- Press down on the white terminals, and pull out to remove the tape leads from the PCB assembly.
- Undo the two screws from the black plastic bridge holding the tape inside the reel hub, and remove the top piece of the bridge.
- Pull the old tape through the grommet in the opening of the reel hub and remove the old tape from the reel.
The replacement tape comes with a new grommet. The old grommet may be replaced with the new one, or left in if not damaged.
- Feed the new tape through the grommet into the reel hub. Allow about two feet of slack to work with.
- Position the tape inside the reel hub with the black plastic bridge over top (see diagram above). Refasten the two screws to secure the tape to the reel.
- Push down on the white terminals and insert the tape leads into the PCB assembly. Release the terminals and the tape leads should be secured.
It does not matter which lead goes into which terminal.
- Replace the battery in the PCB assembly.
- Dip the probe in a glass of tap water. If the connections are correct, the buzzer and light on the Meter will be activated. Check connections if the buzzer and light do not activate.
- Attach the faceplate to the reel using the three screws. Remember to replace the probe holder using the top left screw.
- Slowly wind the tape onto the reel, holding to ensure no slack.