Straddle Packer: Installation & Inflation
Model 800M Mini Pneumatic Packers are inflated with air via 1/8" (3.2 mm) OD tubing extending from the packer to the surface. A hand pump with a gauge may be used to inflate the packer. Please read through these instructions fully before proceeding.
Straddle Packer: Assembly & Tubing Connection
- To assemble the Straddle Packer system, connect the lower and upper packers with a suitable length of 1/2" NPT perforated (straddle) pipe.
- Attach a length of 1/8" (3.2 mm) inflation line between the top of the lower packer and the bottom of the upper packer. Simply push the tubing into the push fittings (to release tubing push down on both sides of the fitting and pull tubing out).
- Cut an appropriate length of 1/8" (3.2 mm) O.D. tubing to extend from the top packer to the surface with enough slack to allow ease of inflation.
- Push the top end of the inflation tubing into the push fitting on the inflation valve (to release tubing push down on both sides of the fitting and pull tubing out).
- Push the other end of the inflation tubing into the push fitting on the top of the packer (to release tubing push down on both sides of the fitting and pull tubing out).
- The system is now complete and should be installed by connecting the appropriate length riser pipe and lowering the system into the well.
The lower packer of the Straddle Packer system has only one inflation line fitting.
If connecting to a Solinst Model 415 12V Pump, Model 407 Bladder Pump or Model 408 Double Valve Pump to the top of the Packer setup, you will not require a riser pipe, but a safety cable or Solinst Tag Line can be attached to the Pump or Packer eyebolt.
Standard Straddle Packer Setup with Inflation Lines
(Inflation Tubing and Valve Not Included with Packer)