- Always follow your local guidelines and standard protocols.
- Do not use acetone on the O-rings.
- Completely disassemble the pump.
- Wash all pump components with phosphate-free soap or a mild detergent.
- Rinse all components thoroughly with deionized water and dry.
- Replace worn O-rings as necessary, and then reassemble.
- The pumps interior can be cleaned without disassembling by flushing your cleaning solution up and through the pumps intake. With the pumps Filter and Filter Retainer removed, use a peristaltic pump connected to the Bottom Platen to push the cleaning solution through the pump. Then flush the interior with deionized water.
- Unscrew and remove the Bottom Platen from the Pump Body.
- Unscrew the Filter Retainer from the Bottom Platen and remove the Filter Mesh.
- Pull to remove the Valve Body from the Bottom Retainer. Be careful not to lose the Check Ball.
- Remove the Pump Body by unthreading it from the Top Retainer.
- The Tubing Insert is a hose barb style fitting; to remove, cut the 1/4" OD HDPE Centre Tubing straight across, directly above the barbed end. Be careful not to lose the small check ball. Cut off any remaining tubing on the barb.
- Cut the 1/4" OD HDPE Centre Tubing straight across, directly below the barbed end on the Top Retainer. Be careful not to lose the small check ball. Cut off any remaining tubing on the barb.
- Slide the Filter Mesh over the Filter Retainer until seated.
- Thread the Filter Retainer into the Bottom Platen until the parts are finger tight.
- Drop the larger stainless steel Check Ball into the top of the Bottom Platen.
- Insert the Valve Body into the top of the Bottom Platen. Push past the O-ring until the Valve Body is firmly seated.
- Push the Centre Tubing onto the tubing barb on the Top Retainer. Push the tubing all the way onto the tubing barb.
- Insert the smaller stainless steel Check Ball into the Centre Tubing.
- Push the Tubing Insert into the bottom of the Centre Tubing.
- Slide the Pump Body over the Centre Tubing and thread onto the Top Retainer until the O-ring seats firmly.
- Thread the Bottom Platen with Valve Body and Filter Retainer into the Pump Body until the O-ring properly seats.
5/8" Double Valve Pump Mk3 (#103104)