Model 800 1.8" Single Point Packer to 1" or 5/8" Pump
- The complete assembly weighs about 6–8 lbs (2.7–3.6 kg).
- See separate operating instructions for the Model 800 Low Pressure Packers, and Model 407 Bladder Pumps or Model 408 Double Valve Pumps.
Tools and Materials Needed
- Packer to Pump Adaptor Assembly - 1.8" Packer to 1" or 5/8" Pump (#113459), includes:
- Pump Adaptor
- Extension and Coupler
- 1.66" Filter Retainer
- #V116 O-ring (Black)
- Stainless Steel Filter
- 1/2" x 1/2" NPTM Compression Fitting
- 6" of 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID LDPE Tubing
- • 2 x 14.0 Oetiker Clamps (#108535)
- Model 407 1" x 2 ft. SS Bladder Pump (#108207) or Model 408 5/8" x 2 ft. SS Double Valve Pump (#103104)
- Model 800 1.8" x 2 ft. Single Point Packer (#107967)
- 3/8" Hex Allen Key
- Oetiker Pliers
- 3001 Kevlar cord, or equivalent
New Packers come with Centralizers that should be used with this assembly if suited (see Model 800 Operating Instructions).
- Using a 3/8" hex Allen key, unthread the bottom plug in the Packer.
- Assemble the Pump Adaptor by threading the components together in the order shown in the diagram above.
- Ensure the O-ring and Stainless Steel Filter are installed on the 1.66" Filter Retainer, and screw the 1.66" Filter Retainer into the assembled Adaptor until finger-tight.
- Thread Adaptor with 1.66" Filter Retainer into the bottom of the Packer.
- Attach a lowering cable to the top of the Packer. Connect the inflation line to the top of the Packer.
- Thread the Extension and Coupler into the top of the Packer until finger-tight.
- Thread the Compression Fitting into the top of the Coupler until finger-tight.
- Insert the LDPE Tubing into the Compression Fitting until it seats. The Compression Fitting nut may have to be loosened before the tubing is inserted. Tighten the nut 1-1/4 turns past finger-tight for a proper seal.
- Unscrew and remove the filter retainer and filter screen from the bottom platen of the Pump.
- Slide the two Oetiker Clamps over the end of the LDPE Tubing.
- Insert the stem of the bottom platen of the Pump into the LDPE Tubing.
- Center the two Oetiker Clamps over the groove in the stem, and use the pliers to crimp the Oetiker Clamps to secure the tubing to the Pump.