For initial setup and direct communication with LevelSender PC Software, the LevelSender 5 must be connected to the PC using a USB cable (available from Solinst).
To access the USB-C connection on the LevelSender 5:
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the three screws from the top of the LevelSender.
- If installed, loosen the antenna by its base; about three full turns to fully disconnect the antenna.
- Pull off the top cap of the LevelSender along with the antenna.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB-C connection in the LevelSender.
- When finished communicating with the PC Software, unplug the USB cable.
- Line up the antenna connector and screw it back onto the connection on the top of the LevelSender.
- Lower the top cap over the installed antenna, Push the top cap into place. This may take some force, as there is an o-ring on the top of the LevelSender and in the top cap antenna opening.
- Replace the three screws to secure the top cap.
Figure 3-1 USB Cable Connection