Features of SolSat 5 Satellite Telemetry
- Connects to your smart device or laptop via Wi-Fi for full user control of system set up
- Data is sent to a secure website portal for management or downloaded from the App
- IP rated housing, ideal for long-term deployment
- Internal barometer for automatic water level compensation
- Built-in ambient temperature sensor for added information
- Accurate real-time clock allows low-power sleep mode between reports
- GPS module provides geo-tagged data
- Built-in solar panel, and convenient connection for battery charging and optional solar panel
How to Use SolSat 5 Satellite Telemetry
SolSat 5 batteries are charged by the built-in solar panel or by using the 2-pin Bulgin power connection. An additional solar panel can be connected to prolong the battery life.
Interfacing with the SolSat 5 is simple and intuitive using the built-in Wi-Fi App on any smart device or laptop. The app allows you to view, schedule and configure your remote monitoring system wirelessly from your browser.
Data is transmitted using the TextAnywhere two-way global satellite messaging service. TextAnywhere also allows you to text or email through the Wi-Fi App, providing convenience and safety when at remote sites.
The SolSat 5 is set up with a data plan based on your needs – sampling rate to collect data from the connected datalogger, and a report rate to send data via satellite transmission. You can also get daily max/min reports. High or low level alarms can be set for the datalogger.
Data logs are sent to a secure website portal for storage, viewing or export; the website can also be used for project and alarm management. You can also download data logs from a SolSat 5 using the Wi-Fi App.
If more detailed data is desired, the Solinst datalogger can be programmed to record independently in its internal memory.