Levelogger PC Software:
- You must have administrator privileges to install software on a computer.
- Windows 10 Operating Systems support Levelogger Software.
Try the following if your LevelVent 5 is not communicating with Levelogger PC Software, or you are getting a communication error message:
- Check the Vented Cable connections to the LevelVent 5 logger and Wellhead. Ensure they are lined-up correctly and there is no dirt or debris in the connection.
- Make sure you are using a USB PC Interface Cable to connect to the PC.
- Check that the USB PC Interface Cable is connected to the same Com Port that is chosen in the upper middle of the Main Window of the Levelogger Software.
- Try communicating with another LevelVent logger, Wellhead, Vented Cable or USB PC Interface Cable.
- Try using a different computer.
- If problem persists, contact Solinst.
Vented Cable Compatibility
Older style Vented Cables (sold before 4/16/21 with serial numbers lower than 506326) are not compatible with newer style LevelVent 5 Wellheads (sold after 4/14/21 with serial numbers 495959 and up) and loggers (sold after 4/5/21) without a small user modification – contact Solinst for instructions.
Newer style Vented Cables are compatible with all versions of the LevelVent Wellheads and loggers – please note, after the new Vented Cable connector is fully tightened, the external o-ring on an old logger or Wellhead is visible and it is normal not to seat against the connector.
For diagnostic purposes, you may want to install the end of the Vented Cable with the serial number to the surface connection at the Wellhead.