As with any monitoring project, you should select the proper equipment and determine a maintenance schedule based on the environment specific to your application.
To ensure the vent tube remains dry, the LevelVent loggers and Wellheads contain permanent desiccants and hydrophobic membranes at the connections to the Vented Cable—there is no need to replace them.
Other maintenance tips include:
- Replace the o-rings at the Vented Cable connections on the LevelVent logger and the Wellhead.
- Clean the connections to ensure a proper seal. A cotton swab can be used to clear any moisture or debris from the connectors.
- Keep the dust caps on all of the connections, when not in use.
- Store the LevelVent logger in its case, and the Vented Cable on its spool when not in use.
- To ensure the vent tube is dry before deployment or storage, Solinst offers a Vented Cable Blowout Fitting that allows you to blow nitrogen gas through the tube.
- Clean the LevelVent logger as required.
See the Vented Dataloggers User Guide for more maintenance tips.
A Solinst Biofoul Screen can be used to protect the LevelVent from biofouling on the pressure sensor.