Biofoul Screen (#110659)
When a Solinst water level datalogger is deployed for an extended period of time, especially in coastal and seawater enviornments, there is the risk of biofouling on the Pressure Sensor and Conductivity Cell, which can affect the reliability of the measurements.
The Biofoul Screen is designed to use the natural anti-fouling characteristics of copper to reduce the unwanted buildup of microorganisms, plants, algae, or organisms such as barnacles and mussels.
Using the Biofoul Screen
- Loosen the Retaining Nut on the Biofoul Screen Body.
- Slide the datalogger into the Biofoul Screen Body, sensor end first, until it seats in the end of the Body.
- It is recommended to line-up the Conductivity Cell with the opening in the Biofoul Screen Body (if installing on a Levelogger 5 LTC).
- Hand tighten the Retaining Nut onto the body of the datalogger. Do not over tighten.
- Replace the Biofoul Screen as required.
The Biofoul Screen is designed to allow water to flow freely through the Screen and the Conductivity Cell, as well as to the Pressure Sensor inlet.
When installed, the Biofoul Screen adds approximately 3/4" (19 mm) to the length of the datalogger.