Discover Anywhere Monitoring
Using Global Connectivity with Iridium Satellite Technology
- System set-up is done wirelessly using a smartphone or laptop
- Compact and weatherproof housing for deployment in any environment and long-term application
- Secure and convenient data transmission and alarm alerts through TextAnywhere
- Reports barometrically compensated water level data
- Remotely monitor battery level with each data report
- Less need to travel to remote, hard-to-reach, or hazardous locations
- Text and email through satellite provide safety and convenience when working in remote locations
SolSat 5 Satellite Telemetry is an advanced telemetry system that leverages Iridium satellite technology to provide global connectivity for your remote water monitoring projects. The SolSat 5 is simple to set up with Solinst dataloggers using an integral, secure Wi-Fi App on your smartphone or laptop.
The SolSat 5 is compact, lightweight, and features a robust weatherproof enclosure. It is installed anywhere with very little site preparation, saving costs and time in the field. A built-in solar panel extends the battery life.
SolSat 5 Satellite Telemetry connects to one Solinst Levelogger 5 datalogger or LevelVent 5. The built-in barometric sensor allows for automatically compensated water level data from the field. Along with water level, temperature, conductivity, or barometric data, battery voltage from the remote SolSat 5 is received with each data report.
SolSat 5 Satellite Telemetry Features:
- Simple set-up
- Low-cost data plans
- Internal barometer
- Built-in solar panel
- Alarm options
- Secure data management
- Email or text from anywhere
How to Use SolSat 5 Satellite Telemetry
SolSat 5 batteries are charged by the built-in solar panel; you can also use the convenient USB connector cable.
Select a low-cost data plan of your choice through Solinst – sampling rate to collect data from the connected datalogger and a report rate to send data via satellite transmission.
Interface with the SolSat 5 using the simple and intuitive built-in Wi-Fi App on any smart device or laptop. The app allows viewing, scheduling and configuration wirelessly from your browser. Set high or low-level alarms for the datalogger.
Data is transmitted using the TextAnywhere two-way global satellite messaging service – this also allows you to text or email through the Wi-Fi App, providing convenience and safety when at remote sites.
Data logs get transmitted to a secure web portal for storage, viewing or export; the website is also for project and alarm management.