As with any monitoring project, you should select the proper equipment and determine a maintenance schedule based on the environment specific to your application.
To ensure the vent tube remains dry, the AquaVent 5 loggers and Wellheads contain permanent desiccants and hydrophobic membranes at the connections to the Vented Cable - there is no need to replace them. Please see our technical bulletin on Vented Cable Design, Use, and Maintenance for more details.
Other maintenance tips include (see the Vented Dataloggers User Guide for more details):
- Keep the dust caps on all of the connections, when not in use.
- Store the AquaVent 5 logger in its case, and the Vented Cable on its spool when not in use.
- Ensure connections are clean before assembling. Clean the AquaVent 5 logger as required.
- Replace the Wellhead batteries as required (four user-replaceable 1.5V AA lithium batteries).
- Replace the o-rings at the Vented Cable connections on the AquaVent 5 logger and the Wellhead (newer loggers and Wellheads do not have o-rings on the connections).
|AquaVent 5 Sampling Rate
|Battery Life Estimate
|8 readings per second
|1 reading per second
|1 reading per minute